nano-devel

[Nano-devel] nano: more minor fixes

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] nano: more minor fixes
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 08:01:10 -0800 (PST)

I've been insanely busy lately, but I've been able to do a bit of work
on nano.  I've been testing it for a few days and it appears to be
working well so far.

http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nano120bits-patch.txt

Changes:

* ported DB's fix to preserve the cutbuffer between a marked cut and an
unmarked cut to 1.2.0-cvs vanilla

* modified the above to match Pico's behavior: a marked cut immediately
followed by an unmarked cut concatenates the two lines in the cutbuffer
instead of putting them on two separate lines

* ported DB's tweaking of UNSET(KEEP_CUTBUFFER) calls so that it's only
used when a shortcut key is hit that isn't the one for cutting text to
1.2.0-cvs vanilla

* modified the above to fix one instance where it should have been unset
but wasn't that cropped up during testing

* with the above, the only line left in goto_abort() was
display_main_list(), so to save the overhead of a function call,
goto_abort() was removed and replaced with display_main_list()

* modified uncut logic slightly to match Pico's behavior: when uncutting
on the magicline, create a new magicline just before uncutting the text
in all cases

* the charealloc() macro is defined as (char *)nrealloc(), but the
former is used in only one place while the latter is used many times in
many places; fix this so charealloc() is used in all those places (and,
since it also handles multiplying the size value by sizeof(char), remove
that from the calls that had it)

* when a bracket search fails, all update_line() after resetting current
and current_x, since otherwise the line won't be updated properly when
the current position on the line is greater than the screen width

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag