nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Stepping down as the nano maintainer...

From: David Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] Stepping down as the nano maintainer...
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:50:00 -0600

Now that I've finally been able to put out nano 2.0.7, I'm officially
stepping down as the nano maintainer.  I can't do much else to improve
it without a massive rewrite, which I don't have the skills or the time
for anymore.  (If there are any very minor fixes needed after this
point, such as broken compilation caused by a stricter GCC, or a fix for
the remaining NetBSD curses problem that doesn't require a massive
rewrite of nano, I may come out of retirement long enough to put out
2.0.8, if no one's taken over by then.)

Anyone who wants to take over maintenance should (a) let me (and/or
Chris) know, and (b) start with the 2.1 branch in CVS, as it includes
several changes that were inappropriate for the stable 2.0 branch.
While nano is, of course, far from perfect, I hope it's still useful in
its current state.

Thank you all.