nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] softwrap navigation overhaul, now breaking on whitespac

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] softwrap navigation overhaul, now breaking on whitespace
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 22:38:49 -0600

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 3:39 PM, David Ramsey <address@hidden> wrote:
> Okay.  It still hangs if you try to display a two-column Unicode
> character on a one-column terminal, since it tries to move back before
> it and ends up in the same position as before, at the beginning of the
> line.  However, since such characters are unsplittable, I don't know
> what to do in that particular case.

Addendum: After thinking about it some more, if the goal is just to
avoid crashing and not to keep it usable, I do have a solution, which
I've added locally.

And as for which character to display when a two-column character is
pushed to the next row, I like '>' better, especially since the
statusbar prompt uses '<' already on overly long lines, so I'm using
that locally as well.

And maybe softwrapping behavior with regard to on whitespace could be
controlled by an rcfile option, much like how the justifytrim option
controls justify behavior?