[Nel] Suggestion for the NeL network library / architecture

From: Jean-Noel Moyne
Subject: [Nel] Suggestion for the NeL network library / architecture
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 09:53:09 +0100

Just had a look at your site and your project because my brother is
going to work with you guys (as a graphic artist). I see that you have
need for fast reliable real-time asynchronous (and probably one to many)
network transport for your messaging. That need being for server to
server communication, not server to client.

You should have a look at PGM, which is an open reliable multicast
protocol designed by Cisco and TIBCO (the company I work for), which is
design to solve just this kind of problems in the most efficient way.

While TIBCO makes a complete messaging system that will use PGM and that
is a commercial product, we are also releasing an Open Source version of
the PGM protocol stack (which is probably all you need, and all you
would want to use, being an Open Source project yourself).

As a suggestion from a network professional with a lot of experience
designing large scale scalable real time oriented distributed systems,
you should take a look at it.

http://pgm.tibco.com/

    JNM