Re: [Nel] You guys will let us know when you're done mucking about, righ

From: Vincent Archer
Subject: Re: [Nel] You guys will let us know when you're done mucking about, right?
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:35:06 +0200

According to David Mentre:
> Cedric Valignat <address@hidden> writes:
> > Our 3D team are redisigning NeL's 3d interfaces, the network is redisigning
> > the networks layers, and are curently working on the documentation too ...
>
> About the network layer, what is the design you have finally chosen?
> Automata over kernel threads?

We're finishing the design docs, which will explain exactly how we're
going to work. Can't explain further yet. You'll have to wait a little bit
more for these to appear on the web/CVS.

> BTW, have you setup unit tests? I had a (very) quick glance at code but
> did not found any. Would you be interested in such tests?

We haven't any formal test system for elementary modules. There are some
self-contained examples in the nel/samples directory that show how some
modules work, and which could easily be turned into testbeds to check
functionality.

If you think you can find better examples, or put added examples that
can serve as tests at the same time, your contribution will be well
appreciated.

--
Vincent Archer                                         Email: address@hidden

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!