netpanzer-devel

Re: [netPanzer-Devel] binary updated... (sorry)

From: Matze Braun
Subject: Re: [netPanzer-Devel] binary updated... (sorry)
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 23:33:34 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Michael Gehm wrote:

> I've started now the prog to check the multiplayer mode and get an Error
> message: trojan, clones, please clean your PC
>          Couldn't read TCP
>
> What's up now ? I get that error before typing an IP-address and I can't
> believe that I have a trojan on my Linux box ;-)
Well there are tronjans for linux too, but this is probably not the case
here.
The problem is that we don't have a dedicated server for managing our
server list, so we simply connect to irc.freenode.net (or irc.quakenet.org
in the cvs version, no idea which version you have). Some irc networks
don't like it when you have too many concurrent connections. Most probably
you've been connected to the irc server already with another application.
You could also try to change your username to something more unique than
the default "Player".

Greetings,
        Matze