Re: [Nmh-workers] Conflict between "mime" command and attach

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Conflict between "mime" command and attach
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 23:03:18 -0500

>+1 to jon's proposal below. but this is probably enmh (even newer mail
>handler), not nmh. because to support it we'll have to bite a
>long-avoided architectural bullet and put all of the logic in a callable
>library, of which the command line tools are wrappers around option
>parsing and the libraries. programmatic users of the mail handler should
>not have to call system("pick"), they should be calling enmh_pick().

I see Jon's proposal as a lot of UI changes that MIGHT involve changes to
the backend, but doesn't necessarily require it.  Although obviously
some of the MIME stuff needs to be in a library now (all of the MIME
parsing routines are actually in $(srcdir)/uip, which is kind of annoying
and it would need a lot of restructuring).

--Ken