Re: [Nmh-workers] mh and mairix and numerically named folders

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mh and mairix and numerically named folders
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 10:49:38 -0500

>i don't think the behavior needs to change, although perhaps it
>shouldn't have been so easy to create the folder in the first place.
>    $ refile +1234
>    Create folder "/home/pgf/Mail/1234"?

Ralph made a similar point; yeah, I'm fine with rejecting those folder
names as invalid in create_folder().  I'm a rcvstore ... hm.  It's designed
to not have any user interaction, but as long as you return with the
right exit code so mail is temporarily rejected I think it would be
fine.

>in the meantime, any objections if i add this new section to
>mh-folders.man, or something like it?
>    Naming
>       nmh folders can be given arbitrary names, with one exception:
>       folders should not be given all-numeric names.  This
>       limitation results from nmh messages themselves being stored
>       in numerically named files -- allowing folders to be named
>       similarly would make nmh slower, and introduce usage ambiguities.

That looks fine to me.

--Ken