Re: [Nmh-workers] scan - Funky output with utf-8

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] scan - Funky output with utf-8
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 20:26:15 -0400

Valdis wrote:

> It appears to be in the same class of faults as another bug I
> reported a while back with handling of null bytes in mhfixmsg -
> the failure symptoms appear to be dependent on the amount of
> input.

Just to note:  that problem was due to use of strlen(3) in the MIME
parser, which of course didn't do what we want with null bytes.  At
least I think it was, it looks like we never confirmed that it fixed
your particular problem.  I had recently run into what looked like
the same behavior and it fixed it for me.

scan doesn't use the MIME parser.

David