Re: [Nmh-workers] Volunteer Capacity.

From: Bob Carragher
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Volunteer Capacity.
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 17:34:30 -0700

Okay, thanks guys!

I'll start with at least seeing if I can get things to work for
me.  I'm familiar with git(1) for straightforward usage -- I'm in
charge of a couple of simple projects where development is very
linear (though we still use merge requests to keep folks from
stomping on each others' stuff), and we don't use tags.  I
shouldn't have any problems creating new development branches,
and am happy to wait for project veterans to approve/merge them
into "master."  I'm also fine with generating patch(1) output for
someone else to toss into a git branch for proper committing.

I'll look at .../test/README and trying "make gcov" to start,
after I've managed to configure things properly.  I'll also look
specifically at .../test/forw/test-forw-coverage for an example
of recent test coding (though not necessarily as defined template
for all aspects of testing going forward -- in particular, that
just checking the exit status is sufficient).

Note:  I've not yet upgraded from the ancient (and unsupported)
Ubuntu 13.10.  I'm planning to upgrade to the latest LTS
soon-ish.  Do you think that will pose issues that I should
investigate (and deal with) before getting too far into things?

                                Bob

On Sat, 22 Jul 2017 13:23:48 +0100 Ralph Corderoy <address@hidden> sez:

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 08:07:12 -0400 David Levine <address@hidden> sez:

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 09:13:55 -0400 David Levine <address@hidden> sez: