Re: [Nmh-workers] Where are we at for 1.7.1?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Where are we at for 1.7.1?
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 15:46:33 -0500

>Here's where the header is:
>
>$ pkg_info -L libiconv | grep iconv.h
>/usr/local/include/iconv.h

I think if you use CPPFLAGS (and probably LDFLAGS) to point to the headers
and the library location, the right things should happen.  Probably something
like:

./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib

We used to try to suss out various locations for packages and add
them to those variables but it just got too complicated, and many
packaging systems started going the other direction, in that they would
add CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS variables depending on what you listed as
dependencies.

--Ken