Re: [nmh-workers] Unnecessary dependency on vi???

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] Unnecessary dependency on vi???
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 19:49:03 -0400

>> Yeah, I  tried it quickly and  it seems simple enough.  And people who
>> have  editor in  their profile  or  use EDITOR/VISUAL  won't notice  a
>> change.
>
>Under what conditions will this change? I have neither EDITOR/VISUAL nor
>profile  settings for  editor, but  maybe that  won't matter  because my
>usage patterns will never invoke prompter?

If you're a long-time MH user, I admit that I am surprised you never set
anything in your profile; it seems like the default was prompter for a
long time (although, like I said earlier, that depends on your specific
site configuration; if people used the default configuration shipped in
MH 6.8 you ended up with vi).  I know I've been using Editor: vi in
my .mh_profile for approximately forever.

EDITOR/VISUAL support is a recent nmh thing.

--Ken