Re: [nmh-workers] Need help with sending mail

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] Need help with sending mail
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 07:15:21 -0400

>> If it's any program that pareses the config file, that seems lousy.
>
>Why?  This is so subtle that the more warning, the better.  Why not add
>the warning?

It's absolutely true that this is a subtle point, and I guess I cannot
come up with any reason to not generate such a warning for every nmh
program; the argument can be made that this is a configuration error
and the user should be notified immediately.  My reasons against this
change are kinda vague and all fall under "it just sort of SEEMS inelegant"
and I can't really rationally defend them.

I think we need some way to suppress this warning, just in case (I
cannot imagine any reason why you would need to, but nmh users surprise
me all of the time :-) ).

--Ken