nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] How to create .po files

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] How to create .po files
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:16:41 +0100

1. Remove the "Multilingual" stuff

 2. At the beginning of the module, type:

       from Products.Localizer import Gettext

       _ = Gettext.translation(globals())
       N_ = Gettext.dummy

 3. Translate your messages with "_(message)"

 4. Somewhere in the module, type:

       N_('Monday')
       N_('Tuesday')

 5. Run zgettext.py, it will work because 'Monday', etc.. are literals
     and because it recognizes the N_ function.

Hmm ... but I want to translate some variables ... can't I do that ?
(I get the variables from e.g. DateTime.Month() )

Yes, you can do it. The function "_" will translate the string returned
by "DateTime.Month()", if the translation is available.

The function "N_" just returns the same string. It's used to mark up
strings to translate, so the extraction tool (zgettext.py) can detect and
add them to the PO files.

You just need to know which are all the values that the "Month" method
can return and add a line for each one:

N_('January')
N_('February')

Cheers,