nuxeo-localizer

[Nuxeo-localizer] Message Catalog, user interface

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: [Nuxeo-localizer] Message Catalog, user interface
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 00:13:14 +0200

Hi all,

This is a proposal, I need your feedback!!

* The problem

 The web interface (management screens) provided by the MessageCatalog
 meta type to manage messages and their translations is not able to
 correctly deal with multiline messages.

* The solution

 A new interface. Attached is an HTML draft.

 The basic idea (inspired in graphical PO editors like KBabel) is to
 show only one message at a time, and only one target language, text
 areas are used for this. Clicking on the language link would be
 possible to switch between target languages.

 At the right side there would be a navigation system to browse the
 messages. It would include a seacrh form (like now).

 At the bottom there would be buttons to save the changes and to delete
 the current message.

 The form to add new messages would be removed, does anybody find it
 useful???

 Not shown in this first draft, but the interface also would let to
 show only the untranslated messages (that would be the default).

Well, I think this would solve the problem, and it's also more simple.
I understand that in some situations the current interface is better,
but I think it's worth to change it.

I'm waiting your comments! ;-)

--
J. David Ibáñez, Nuxeo.com
Libre Software zealot (http://www.fsf.org)

A message catalog stores messages and its translations to different languages. It provides the gettext method to get the right translation for a given message. Message catalogs are useful to translate the application interfaces (labels, buttons, etc..).

English · Spanish · French Un catálogo de mensajes almacena mensajes y sus traducciones a diferentes idiomas. Proporciona el método gettext para obtener la traducción correcta en un idioma dado. Los catálogos de mensajes son útiles para traducir las interfaces de la aplicación (etiquetas, botones, etc..).

21-40 of 83 << >>
- Add
- Add Local Content
- Add Locale Folder
- Add Localizer
- Add Message Catalog
- Attributes
- Back to manage messages.
- Besides the title the header of a PO file stores...
- Change
- Charset
- Contents
- Export