Re: Creating a Snapshot

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Creating a Snapshot
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 10:58:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 May 2006, John W. Eaton wrote:

I added the files dlantr.f and zlantr.f to libcruft/lapack.  I think
that should solve your problem.  Or, I think you could also install
the Cygwin lapack package and run configure again so that Octave would
use that instead of the lapack files that are include with Octave.

OK, I didn't install lapack, but I thought that this would be a good bug-catching build (i.e. I'll do a build with lapack a little later after I get this one working). I did a cvs up and then make again and this is what I got:

oct-rand.cc: In static member function `static ColumnVector
   octave_rand::state()':
oct-rand.cc:181: error: invalid conversion from `unsigned int*' to `uint32_t*' oct-rand.cc: In static member function `static void octave_rand::state(const
   ColumnVector&)':
oct-rand.cc:200: error: invalid conversion from `unsigned int*' to `uint32_t*' oct-rand.cc:202: error: invalid conversion from `unsigned int*' to `uint32_t*'
make[2]: *** [oct-rand.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/octave/liboctave'
make[1]: *** [liboctave] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/octave'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Bill

--
"I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my
telephone. My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my