Re: XML tools for Octave

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: XML tools for Octave
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:09:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Schloegl Alois wrote:

In order to be useful, the parsed data need to be converted to a Octave variable with nested structs. Are you going to implement this?

I'm trying to write this. My idea is that XML like this

will load into octave as

    v= xmlparse( filename)

with:
    v.a.ATTS.b      => "c"
    v.a.ATTS.d      => "e"
    v.a.TEXT        => " text  more text  "
    v.a.f(1).ATTS.g => "h"
    v.a.f(2).TEXT   => "data"

Now I need someone to give me some help with octave internals.
The output is a struct of cells.

There are some good examples on structs and cells in "Dal Segno al Coda". However, I need to be able to append to a cell array. I don't see how to do this.

Could anyone offer some pointers to help me?

Thanks
--
Andy Adler <address@hidden> 1(613)562-5800x6218