Re: problem with sorting

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: problem with sorting
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:48:08 -0400

On 29-Sep-2006, Tom Holroyd (NIH/NIMH) [E] wrote:

| John W. Eaton wrote:
| > How should we fix this?  Should we add a sort method to the
| > octave_value class hierarchy?
|
| Python lists have a sort method ...

I'm not sure I understand your point.  A cell array is the closest
thing to a list in Octave and it can also be sorted correctly now, and
sort (cell) returns a cell.  My question was more about whether we
should dispatch in the sort function (probably bad) or pass it off to
the octave_value class (maybe better, but I want to know if anyone
sees potential problems with this approach that maybe I'm missing).