Re: hosting mingw binaries for octave

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: hosting mingw binaries for octave
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:16:25 +0200

John W. Eaton wrote:
> While we discussing how to reorganize the file structure on the
> download page, can we also remove the obsolete binaries?  Is there
> any reason to be distributing 2.1.35, 2.1.36, 2.1.42, or 2.1.50 now?
>
> jwe

Sourceforge has no support for removing releases, as they say that
source code history in an open source project should be forever. I
believe you can remove files, though that doesn't make sense unless you
can also remove the release. The release itself can be hidden on the
download page, leaving it available for the future administrator.

I just hid the 2.1.35 to 2.1.42 releases... Though I left the 2.1.50
binary in place for now..

D.