imread

From: Thomas L. Scofield
Subject: imread
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:35:09 -0400

I hope this is what is needed.  I'm sending two changesets (or whatever is produced by "export tip"), lamely giving them the extension .changeset.  (I'm not sure what the usual extension is.  I think I sometimes see .ksh files in the archives.)  There is more to do, I know.  I'm starting to learn the Magick++ API for the purpose of removing all system calls (assuming that is possible), so that imread() works without having either ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick installed on one's local machine.  That is why I see no point in changing the current system calls to "identify" and "convert" (ImageMagick routines) to "gm identify", etc.  So, as it stands, you'll need the GraphicsMagick libs to compile, and you'll need a working version of ImageMagick to keep imread() from reporting an error and actually return the image.

Thomas L. Scofield
Associate Professor
Calvin College