Difference in greek tic marks for x11 and aqua?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Difference in greek tic marks for x11 and aqua?
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 21:20:52 -0400

On Mac OSX, I noticed that the "aqua" and "x11" terminals give different results when I add greek symbols to the axis tic marks *and* change the axes fontsize.

I've attached an "aqua" plot and the script I'm using to create the plots for various terminals. I can't include the x11 bit map, as when I do a snap shot, I get a blank bitmap. So I've included the plotstream for x11 instead. Just type "gnuplot -persist plot-x11.gp" to have the plot rendered.

In any event, for x11 the strings with greek letters always show up in the default fontsize (10?).

Can someone verify that the fontsize problem exists on Linux? ... and can another Mac OSX user verify it exists for them as well?

Ben

PNG image