Re: Coupling of Octave with Open Office

From: Horst Salzwedel
Subject: Re: Coupling of Octave with Open Office
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:42:13 +0100

All the developed code is free software and will be released.

This work can only be done if other interested people around the world get involved. Thanks for offering to support this project. Your experience both with Octave and with UNO will certainly be very helpful.

This integration has to be made compatible with upcoming versions of Octave and OO. Your suggestion on making it compatible with Octave 3.2.x helps us on compatibility with Octave.

We are currently discussing a workshop with the OO development team in Hamburg, Germany. For us to better understand the future development of OO and for the OO development team to understand our work and discuss with us the future of such an OO/Octave for teaching, research and development and set goals and requirements.

We want to first have this meeting OO, combine them with feedback from you Octave-Maintainers, in order to set some direction for development of the integration before releasing the code.

Tino is defending his thesis in 2 weeks. The meeting with OO will be some time after that.

Horst

Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Horst Salzwedel