Re: opengl and images

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: opengl and images
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 08:05:30 +0200

tir, 06 10 2009 kl. 07:39 +0200, skrev Shai Ayal:
> Yet another workaround is to use mesa software rendering. In debian,
> this worked for me:
> apt-get install libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev libgl1-mesa-swx11-i686
> However, this will disable opengl hardware acceleration, which might
> be a high price to pay.

Yeah, at least for me this is not an option. I'm working fairly close
with graphics / physics-simulation people at the moment, so I'm highly
dependent on OpenGL :-(

I guess the proper cause of action depends on how many people are
actually experiencing this issue. If I'm the only one, then I guess it
doesn't make sense to invest too much work here.

Soren