Re: opengl and images

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: opengl and images
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 13:21:58 +0200

tir, 13 10 2009 kl. 10:16 +0200, skrev Shai Ayal:
> > For some reason the Intel graphics driver broke for me recently. I have
> > one of these fancy laptops that both have an Intel and an AMD graphics
> > card, so I've changed to use the AMD card (using the FGLRX driver).
> >
> > Using this card / driver I still see the issue where the image is on top
> > of the plot. So, this is not a driver issue.
>
> The only easy solution I see now is the one I suggested before --
> displaying the image as a surface.
> At least on my debian/nvidia system this is significantly slower.
> While using the OpenGL draw pixels command allows me to smoothly zoom
> and pan a 4 Megapixel photograph, doing so with a similarly sized
> surface is quite slow and jumpy.

I agree with this logic. To me, the problem is simply that the current
approach doesn't allow me to plot on top of images on both my Intel card
and my AMD card. This might be my version of Ubuntu (which is known to
have graphics problems), but I can't tell until a more recent version is
released.

Soren