Re: Last commit may break your builds

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Last commit may break your builds
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 21:34:24 -0400

On Jul 30, 2012, at 4:03 AM, Jacob Dawid wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I reimplemented my changes to make it possible to compile the GUI without the
> need to install octave, that means it links libraries and includes files
> directly in the source tree. However, I strongly suppose this will break the
> build on MacOSX and Windows, please be patient here and help me
> fixing/testing this. Another drawback is that the library path and other
> environmental things will be wrong: I was able to start the GUI from
> QtCreator, but 'feval' was reported as unimplemented as long as you don't
> have octave installed. I guess you need to have a similar thing like
> run-octave.sh for the GUI (or modify that file so it runs the GUI). I tried
> to add that, but gave up. Autotools didn't want to turn my
> run-octave-gui.sh.in into run-octave-gui.sh, no matter where I added stuff to
> the autotools files. In the end, I decided to not touch these files to not
> break more.
>
> This is a first step into integrating with autotools. Probably, if we can
> make autotools call qmake during the configure step to generate makefiles and
> tell autotools to invoke these during make, we're not that far away from
> integrating the build system.
>
> Jacob

I'm on MacOS 10.7.4.

My build still completes, and I run bin/octave-gui I get the usual warnings
(ex: see below) but I get no indication that anything runs (no errors, and no
octave-gui in my task manager).

objc[11206]: Class QNSImageView is implemented in both
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.4.dylib and /opt/local/lib/libQtGui_debug.4.dylib. One
of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Ben