Re: Missing translation of "Editor" tab

From: rik
Subject: Re: Missing translation of "Editor" tab
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 08:44:44 -0700

On 03/31/2015 10:32 PM, Torsten wrote:
> On 01.04.2015 06:32, rik wrote:
>> On 03/31/2015 07:41 PM, address@hidden wrote:
>>> Re: Missing "Editor" in ru_RU.ts file
>>> From:
>>> Dmitry Roshchin <address@hidden>
>>> Date:
>>> 03/31/2015 12:52 PM
>>>
>>> To:
>>> address@hidden

>>> quoted-printable
>>> Message:
>>> 2

>>> No, this line from main menu: Window -> Editor.
>>>
>> Dmitry,
>>
>> The Editor tab of the main window was untranslated.  I fixed that in
>> this changeset
>> (http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/97b37077a2d3).  Torsten
>> will need to re-generate the *.ts files in order for it to show up.
>>
> I can do this, no problem, but since the translators are already working
> on the actual files I am wondering whether it would be better to update
> the files after the translations are finished in order to avoid
> conflicts. I can add the translation of "Editor" afterwards (copy and
> paste from the already existing location or maybe lupdate will find this
> by itself).

Qt automatically adds the translation for "Editor" since it was already
previously translated.  It adds the "unfinished" attribute just to make
sure that someone checks up on the automatic translation, but that's pretty
easy to delete.

Armin Muller has found several other typos and corrections in the
English-language strings.  So far I don't see these as affecting
translations because the typo wouldn't have been copied to the .ts file
without literally copying the English word.

I think we are fine proceeding with the translations and, at the end of
this phase, updating the .ts files.

--Rik