GCC 5.1.0 in mxe-octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: GCC 5.1.0 in mxe-octave
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 16:05:11 -0400

I updated mxe-octave and noticed that GCC has been updated to 5.1.0. Is this necessary for some bug fixes? If not, I'd prefer to stay at the previous version for the Octave 4.0.x releases.

More generally, how should we manage Octave releases and mxe-octave development? I'd guess that whatever Octave 4.0.x releases that we make should be done with the same set of tools. Also possibly with the same set of packages, with only bug fixes applied, same as we do for the Octave releases themselves. But I don't know that we have a good way of handling that as package development proceeds separately from Octave development.