Re: mxe-octave failed to compile optim

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: mxe-octave failed to compile optim
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 19:50:14 -0400

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 6:22 PM, Olaf Till <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 05:55:02PM -0400, Doug Stewart wrote:
> Your fix does not help me until it is on octave forge

Can't you somehow do something corresponding to:

umask 022

hg clone ssh://address@hidden/p/octave/package-name package-name

cd package-name

hg archive -t files ../package-name-version

cd ../package-name-version

rm .hg*

cd src

./bootstrap

rm -r autom4te.cache

cd ../..

tar -czf package-name-version.tar.gz package-name-version/

, install the package 'package-name-version.tar.gz' and test it?

Making a release is work not only for me but also for others, and
there shouldn't be many releases only for testing and finding
errors. Also, there was a release of the 3 packages just recently.

Can somebody inform me what procedure is followed to release an Octave
package for Windows? Doesn't the package need to be cross-compiled
with MXE? Who does this?

Olaf

Yes I can do it that way, but I thought we were getting ready for the new release.
If you want to wait for the official release then that is up to you.

--
DAS