Re: Help in Building octave on ubuntu 12.04

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Help in Building octave on ubuntu 12.04
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 10:46:22 -0700

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 11:04:28 +0000, Abhinav Tripathi wrote:

> > > Configuring with the argument CXX="g++ -std=gnu++0x" would be a useful
> > > test to see if we can still work with 4.6.
> > >

> > Hmm. I was actually looking for this. I'll try it tomorrow and share the
> > result.
> >

> when I did this I get the following:
> .
> checking for g++ -std=gnu++0x option to enable C++11 features... unsupported
> checking for g++ -std=gnu++0x option to enable C++98 features... none needed
> .
> Also I tried c++0x instead of gnu++0x but still the same... Although I
> succesfully tried a program with unique_ptr when I pass the -std=c++0x
> flag.. Probably octave checks for C++11 features by trying out some other
> feature not supported in C++0x.

It's true that configure will report "unsupported", but it may still
compile Octave, which is what I was getting at.

The checks that configure does are supposed to test whether *all* of
C++11 is supported, while we only use a small subset currently.

> I got the error that some header file could not be found. it was some numpy
> header. I installed python-dev python-numpy cython python-scipy. But, still
> the same error.
> Mike, any suggestions?

The header files should be included in the python-numpy package. After
running pytave's configure, what is NUMPY_INCLUDEDIR in Makefile? What
is the exact error?

--
mike