Re: octave.mk MXE file still necessary?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: octave.mk MXE file still necessary?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 13:34:50 -0400

On 06/26/2018 12:08 PM, Rik wrote:

Using 'grep -r octave.mk *' in the mxe directory I see that configure.ac,
index.html, and dist-files.mk mention that file.  It is easy enough to
remove octave.mk from dist-files.mk and index.html, and to update
configure.ac to use default-octave.mk.

I ran 'make clean' and 'autoconf' and am now testing whether I can do a
full build.

The mxe-octave makefile is really complicated and does lots of transformations on variables so unfortunately grep won't find everything. And then there are some conventions that are not immediately obvious.

I checked in the following change to remove the "octave" package:

  http://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/rev/9942a9c37ffe

If I remember correctly, later versions of mxe (not mxe-octave) don't rely on the index.html file to indicate which packages (and src/PKG.mk files) are part of the collection.