Re: Octave 5.0 Release

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave 5.0 Release
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 01:17:21 -0500

On 12/11/18 6:20 PM, Rik wrote:

I want less traumatic too, but everyone is going to code right up until we
say "pencils down" and do a code freeze.  I just don't see us changing
human nature.  Rather than trying to limit the scope to small bugs (a
subjective criteria), maybe we should just move the code freeze sooner so
it gives us more time to test and verify things.

Fair enough. Are there any critical blocking bugs? Should be pick a date to freeze and merge default to stable? My time will also be very limited between about December 21 and January 2.