[Openexr-devel] one last call for testing: 1.0.7

From: Drew Hess
Subject: [Openexr-devel] one last call for testing: 1.0.7
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 02:38:51 -0800 (PST)

Hey all,

I think I've fixed all known issues (save one Windows test failure with VC
7.1?) with the CVS version of OpenEXR and we should be ready for a 1.0.7
release.  If you have a chance, please test it out and email your results
(privately to me if everything goes well, to the list if you find a
problem so that we can get more eyes looking at it).

FYI, you must use SSH now to get OpenEXR out of CVS at Savannah.  I
realize that may be a problem for some of you inside firewalls, so I'll
try to find out when Savannah will re-enable nightly CVS tarballs for HTTP
download.  In the meantime, if you want to test OpenEXR CVS but can't get
to it, let me know and I'll arrange a tarball drop for you.

To get OpenEXR out of CVS, you need to set your CVS_RSH environment
variable to "ssh", then type:

cvs -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/openexr co OpenEXR

If all goes well, we'll release 1.0.7 on Wednesday.  Oh, and if there are
any volunteers for building a Windows release with VC 7.1 and/or Intel C++
and an "official" OS X package (i.e. dmg file), that would be fantastic
(esp. if you have FLTK installed and can build an exrdisplay binary).

thanks
-dwh-