Re: [Openexr-devel] CVS 1.1.0 "make check" problem

From: Wayne Wooten
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] CVS 1.1.0 "make check" problem
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:43:10 -0800

Actually Google'ing around I found the following:

http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/help-octave.2002/msg01000.html
<x-tad-bigger>...
In file liboctave/lo-ieee.h there is a </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>problem</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> with </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>isnan</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>() and
isinf(). A bug in cmath actually undo the declaration in math.h,
meaning that they _do_ exist in libm (which btw is part of libSystem on
OS X).

My work-around was to add
extern "C" int </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>isnan</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> (double);
extern "C" int isinf (double);
to lo-ieee.h (as is done for SCO).

That one should be fairly easy to detect I presume.
</x-tad-bigger>

So by adding the extern "C" hack into the test file, it works just fine
and passes all the regression tests...

I'm not sure of a clean way to add this hack to your test suite,
but at least there seems to be a workaround.

--Wayne