Re: [Openexr-devel] Compiling on MinGW

From: Drew Hess
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Compiling on MinGW
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 14:39:54 -0800

We don't support mingw officially, nor do we support pthreads on
Win32, but if you compile with --disable-threading, the build system
should build a "dummy" thread implementation in IlmThread.  The dummy
implementation doesn't rely on any POSIX or Win32 thread libraries, it
just supplies no-op symbols for the OpenEXR threading abstraction.

When you run configure in a mingw shell with --disable-threading, does
it attempt to link against pthreads symbols?  Or does IlmThread fail
for some other reason?  Output from gcc or libtool would be helpful in
diagnosing your problems.

thanks