Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 1.5.0, OpenEXR-Images 1.5.0 released

From: Andrew Kunz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 1.5.0, OpenEXR-Images 1.5.0 released
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 14:56:34 -0800 (PST)

Hey Ken.

Thanks for the feedback.  The -pthread option was added as a ldflag
because it was neccessary when dependent libraries linked with OpenEXR on
Linux.

Currently, the test that is run by configure is compiled and linked in one
step, so configure on your platform is probably adding threading flags to
the link step that should not be included when compiling and linking are
separate steps.

Can you send me a dump of the messages you see when you run configure on
the IlmBase library, and also a copy of the IlmBase.pc file that gets
generated in your build directory?  Do you see these errors when you build
IlmBase, or only for OpenEXR?

Cheers,
Andrew