[Openexr-devel] Re: Long Names for Channels and Attributes

From: Ton Roosendaal
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Re: Long Names for Channels and Attributes
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 11:49:59 +0100

Hi,

No objections, a limit of 255 will work great!

-Ton-

On 22 Dec, 2006, at 20:39, Florian Kainz wrote:

I am looking into allowing longer names for OpenEXR channels and header
attributes.  The current maximum is 31 characters plus a terminating
null byte.

Rather than allowing names of unlimited length, I intend to increase
the maximum length, because it is easier to do as well as more efficient. I think 255 characters plus a null byte should be plenty; even a channel
name like

background_velociraptor.small_background.skin_belly.light_112_fill_from _upper_left.diffuse_pass.version_3.R

is only 107 characters long.
Objections?

Florian

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -- Ton Roosendaal Blender Foundation address@hidden http://www.blender.org