[Openexr-devel] CTL not working with exrdisplay

From: Brendan Bolles
Subject: [Openexr-devel] CTL not working with exrdisplay
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 22:39:08 -0700

Hey all, has anyone gotten CTL working with exrdisplay? I'm working in OS X (Xcode) and have gotten it all compiled and running with CTL included and turned on. Marching through the debugger, I can see that the .ctl file is being found and it looks like transforms are being applied. But the view on screen never looks any different - nearly the same as when you use no CTL at all (with the -T flag). I've been testing with the two included files that seem to work, transform_RRT.ctl and transform_EXR_DPX.ctl, but nothing happens with either of them.

It gets pretty confusing down deep in all that C++. Is there anything I can look for that would verify that nothing is actually happening and try to maybe figure out why?

I'm using all the latest stuff. Everything appears normal otherwise. Here's what I've got in my shell:

[fnord:mac/build/Release] mrb% ./exrdisplay -C transform_RRT ~/ Development/sample_images/openexr-images-1.5.0/Tiles/GoldenGate.exr Warning: Environment variable CTL_DISPLAY_CHROMATICITIES is not set; using default value (chromaticities according to Rec. ITU-R BT.709). Warning: Environment variable CTL_DISPLAY_WHITE_LUMINANCE is is not set; using default value (120 candelas per square meter). Warning: Environment variable CTL_DISPLAY_SURROUND_LUMINANCE is is not set; using default value (12 candelas per square meter). Warning: Environment variable EXR_DISPLAY_VIDEO_GAMMA is not set; using default value (2.2).
[fnord:mac/build/Release] mrb%

Brendan