Re: [Openexr-devel] Windows build of Ilmbase/IlmImf

From: Larry Gritz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Windows build of Ilmbase/IlmImf
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 14:05:29 -0700

https://github.com/openexr/openexr/pull/187

Is this an appropriate time to point out that there are quite a few important PRs that have been languishing for some time without being merged?

On Apr 15, 2016, at 12:42 PM, Nick Porcino <address@hidden> wrote:

Such a PR would be great :)

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 10:15 AM -0700, "Larry Gritz" <address@hidden> wrote:

Thanks. I actually got it working on my own, with the combination of:

* Modifying the OpenEXR/IlmImf/CMakeLists.txt to skip the construction of b44ExpLogTable.h and dwaLookups.h if they already exist.
* Checking the pre-built version of those (and the modified CMakeLists.txt) into my project.
* Having my appveyor.yml copy those into place right before building OpenEXR.

I also sped up the build considerably by adding BUILD_TESTS and BUILD_UTILS options (defaulting to ON but explicitly turned OFF for my appveyor builds that only need the libraries), which when off will skip compilation of all the unit tests and the utility binaries.

After some more testing, I'll prepare these changes as a pull request for OpenEXR, in case it's useful to others.