openexr-user

[Openexr-user] image blurring...

From: Enrico Borrione
Subject: [Openexr-user] image blurring...
Date: 16 Mar 2004 17:32:18 +0100

hello,
i did my little algo to extract light info from the exr cubemap. The
problem is that the diffuse light map displays some "hard" light
transitions between pixels.
this may be due some bug in my calculations, thou the lightmap is not
just a simple env map, but it should be an avrg of the light incoming
from the normal facing hemisphere.

to reduce this problem i was wondering how to "blur" the diffuse
lightmap, so the step transitions appear more soft around the mesh...