openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] Sound reverses in quake2

From: Stanislav Kogan
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Sound reverses in quake2
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 11:21:44 -0500

Hello.

> Ill be playing quake2 and all the sudden my sound will reverse and get
> me killed (very confusing).  i can do snd_restart to fix it for a
> couple minutes, but randomly it will just reverse again.  I'm not sure
> if it happens in q3...i cant remember.

Yes, this happens in Quake3 also. After playing Quake3 for some time,
the sound would start reversing - and will continue to reverse even
after quitting Quake. This is the only program on my system that
causes that, as far as I know.

> And ideas?

Don't hold your breath. Stereo swap bug has been in the Aureal driver
from the beginning, and is even present (in a more benign form) in the
Windows driver. I'm doubtful that it would be possible to get rid
of it completely. At least it's only limited to Quake now :)

Best regards.

--

Stanislav Kogan
<*>