openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] Howto use a patch....

From: Zach Borgerding
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Howto use a patch....
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 03:20:15 -0500

Manuel,

  I just experienced a lockup that is similar to the problems I was having with
Savage.  I had a flash video playing in my browser and all of the sudden- it
froze.  I ched dmesg and got this error:

vortex: IRQ fifo error
vortex: IRQ fifo error
vortex: IRQ fifo error
vortex: IRQ fifo error
vortex: IRQ fifo error
vortex: IRQ fifo error
vortex: IRQ fifo error
vortex: IRQ fifo error
Vortex: vortex_fifo_setadbctrl fail

There were 8 instances of it, as shown above, followed by the final message.

I also checked "cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/status" and it showed that
the device was open, even when I wasn't playing anything through it.  After
about 5 minutes, it timed out and said "closed" on the
/proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/status file, but attempting to play anything else
still resulted in failure, as the DSP seems to be locked up.

Might this be related to the VIA bug?  I am using this an an VIA KT600 based
chipset, though I never had this problem on my KT133a (even before the fix was
implemented into the drivers a few months back).

Zach