openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] Montego II Capabilitites.

From: Zach Borgerding
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Montego II Capabilitites.
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:39:40 -0500

Hehe.  I wouldn't exactly call me a "SPDIF wizard", but I have been trying to
learn a bit more about these cards and I think I've traced it down to specific
pins on the AU8830.  I *think* it would be pretty easy to add SPDIF input to
virtually any Vortex card, but I need to work a bit more on tracing some parts
on this board.  I've just not had much time with school and moving over the
last few months.  But I intend to bring news of some pretty cool Vortex hacks
in the future.

I've had a Montego II card for a few years now, but that IO board is so hard to
track down.  I was under the impression that the Montego II used only a stereo
codec though, so I'm not entirely sure how the daughterboard is functioning (I
presume it is just polling directly off of the AU8830 pinswithout need of an
extra codec).  It's a shame that there were never any documents released that
really give some extra information on the AU88x0 chips.  I'd love to see
programming docs and some reference designs.

Best regards,

Zach Borgerding