openvortex-dev

[Openvortex-dev] Montego II Capabilitites.

From: Zach Borgerding
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] Montego II Capabilitites.
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:31:36 -0500

I lucked out into scoring a Montego II with a digital I/O daughterboard for a
pretty good price.  I have been interested in how it does the SPDIF I/O and
wanted to test it on Linux.

Has anyone used this card (with the daughterboard) on Linux before?  The very
nature of the daughterboard's design is quite radically different than any
Aureal card I've seen before.  Does anyone know if the ALSA drivers actually
work with this daughterboard?  I specifically recall that the Montego II
drivers for Windows required a special mixing tool to toggle the daughterboard
controls on and off.

Currently, I've put it into a test machine that is kinda crippled right now,
since I don't have a cable that is long enough to hook it to my router.  I
intend to tweak with it a bit this weekend but I was hoping that someone might
be able to offer some insight about their experiences with the card.

Best regards,

Zach Borgerding