pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Resuming tasks when restarting Pan, brag, xml, and Colin

From: gaw zay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Resuming tasks when restarting Pan, brag, xml, and Colin Leroy
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 19:59:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> > Once tasks can be saved in an XML file, then they can be resumed when you
> > restart Pan.  Moreover, we could also make Pan process the file in a
> > gui-less,
> > cronable mode like brag or slrnpull.  The gui code is already decoupled from
> > Pan's guts, so this very doable.
>
> rock on! I've been waiting for this sort of functionality for a while... pan
> is already almost as good as Agent; this will give us a real leap beyond
> that. :)

never used Agent but XML task lists, ROCK. That means it's human editable
making batch jobs doable ... There might be better tools for this but I
still think this rocks :-)

brian
---
All progress is the work of fanatics
All fanatics are the work of progress
  7:00pm  up 29 days, 20:58,  6 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00