pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Space reading

From: Rob
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Space reading
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:39:20 -0400

On Tuesday 28 May 2002 11:19, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
> I think there shouldn't even be an option for it; it just shouldn't do
> that. As I've heard the KDE people say; if there's an option to change
> it, it's probably not right to begin with.

On the other hand, some of us have been reading Usenet for 15 years and
"space reading" has been the norm in every popular newsreader from rn to
nn to gnus to Agent to Pan, not to mention Unix pagers like pg, more and
less (it's an option in less.)  It should be an option if it's not left as
it is.  People who are used to the web browser type behavior could turn
off "space reading continues to next article" and people who are used to
news reader behavior could leave it on.

And that particular KDE philosophy is why it took me 3 years to finally
switch to KDE ;)

Rob