pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan needs some serious fixing

From: David Oberbeck
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan needs some serious fixing
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:18:35 -0600

Greetings to the List,

> I have worked damn hard on Pan for at least two years,
> and you can go to Hell for all I care, troll.

   You tell 'em, Charles!

   On a more positive note:

   I have been using, building, and banging on Pan since 0.4.3 - I
find it stupendously useful, stable, and helpful software that I use
on a daily basis.

   My heartfelt thanks, respect, and kudos to Charles and the rest of
the crew: testers, developers, and everyone else involved with helping
others on this List, for working diligently on a project which is not
a paying prime time gig but, in fact, a labor of love.

   This is the essence, the heart and soul, of Free Software.

   Constructive criticism delivered with positive intentions makes all
projects better. I have posted bugs, suggestions - and they were
incorporated and received in the spirit that they were submitted - to
help make this the best newsreader around on any platform.

   To the Pan Team: I salute you all - keep up the great work!

Regards,
        David

P.S. A note to 'horacus': Irritating headers are a way to get a
response; but probably not the (helpful) one intended; and I do admire
Charles' restraint in his first response...

--

"Entropy Requires No Maintenance"