pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Downloading More than one attachment at a time.

From: Wolf J. Flywheel
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Downloading More than one attachment at a time.
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 13:42:44 -0500

On Sunday 23 March 2003 10:59, Jeff wrote:

> of the downloads and downloads them one at a time.  What I want to know
> is, is there a setting somewhere that I am missing that would allow me
> to download 3 attachments at once, and keep an open connection for
> reading?

        No, just some info you missed:  Pan now clumps concurrent connections
together to download different parts of the *same* binary at once.
Notice the leftmost part of Pan's status bar -- it indicates the number
of active connections and their combined speed.  If you have a status
monitor such as gkrellm, you should see that your connection is being
fully utilized (unless your server has bandwidth limits also).
        Recent Pan betas definitely use *my* bandwidth more fully than they
used
to, because I'll no longer have three or four binaries waiting for the
last part to trickle in -- it will move on to something else while it
waits for that last little bit.

--
// Carl Hudkins :: ICQ 5723399 :: PGP 50238D9E
//