pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Newspost

From: Graham
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Newspost
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 03:26:58 +0100

On Monday 25 July 2005 9:53 am, Duncan wrote:

> I don't expect that for some time, if ever, tho PAN may borrow some
> code from it.  There's already knewspost and gnewspost as graphical
> front-ends, if desired.  When PAN gets binary posting, it /may/ be
> only "trivial" level, that is, single part, without the batched
> processing possible with newspost (and I believe its front-ends).  If
> it gets full batch processing, it will most likely be built-in, or
> using a library (so part of the same binary in memory, if not on
> disk), rather than support for a separate executable binary.
[snipped]

Thanks very much for your complete and full answer.

Work on Knewspost appears to have stopped years ago, and Gnewspost
doesn't appear up-to-date either, so I'm using the command line with
newspost to do binary posting.

I appreciate all the work you guys are doing on Pan.  I understand that
you do it only in your spare time, but nevertheless you have
contributed a very professional program already.  I guess what is
needed is for a hook on the GUI to access newspost and as I am not even
in the realms of an incompetent coder, I don't think I'll be
contributing that.  However, I shall help anybody who wants my
assistance in any way I can.

I'll look forward to seeing the CVS version of Pan in due course....

Thanks again!
--

Graham