[Pan-users] Re: Pn 0.97 won't start

From: Lenny_Nero
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pn 0.97 won't start
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 21:47:15 +0100

Duncan said

> Lenny_Nero <address@hidden>
> posted
> address@hidden,
> excerpted below, on  Fri, 19 May 2006 23:21:00 +0100:
>> I think some people who use this (as I do) via gMane forget its a mail
>> list and not usenet.
> Aye, but the same things that apply to HTML news apply to HTML mail,
> even more so -- web bugs in HTML mail can link mail to IP address for
> tracing, spammers love the confirmation they get that the mail was
> viewed, and they can (if they want) then track the IP linked to the
> email address.  The malware issues are identical, mail or news.  HTML is
> fine on the web, but keep it out of my mail, and keep it out of my news!

I will say it again this is not a newsgroup, you (and I) might be reading
it via a list to news engine, but its not usenet.

I understand what you say about HTML, but there are many who read this
only as a mail list. There are lots of other lists I read thru gMane where
a very large percentage of the contributors no nothing about gMane.

The Yahoo lists I read here (gMane) cant turn off the HTML with the Yahoo
list posting tool and that goes for the owners of the lists as well.

Want to help to keep the best free usenet servers running ?