pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Newbie problems with Pan v0.106

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Newbie problems with Pan v0.106
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 15:01:04 +0000 (UTC)

Phillip Pi <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 08 Aug
2006 06:17:27 -0700:

> So, no one knows what's going on? Should I give up for now? :)

I'm not sure if it's your installation or a bug in pan, but regardless, if
you are running into it, others might as well.

I am wondering if it's perhaps a filesystem issue, tho.  Just to eliminate
that, what filesystem are you running, and have you done a detailed fsck
lately?  I'd try that, just to be sure.

Beyond that, 0.107 should be out in the next couple days.  I'd wait for
it, and if the problem is still occurring and my filesystems checked out
OK, I'd consider filing a bug.  If you do, please post a followup here
with the bug number.  I've been working too hard to have time to do much
investigation on this the last few days, but I'm in my weekend now (unless
they call me in), and can't promise anything, but would like to have a
closer look (after some sleep, I'm to the point of making stupid mistakes
due to lack of sleep, ATM) and see if we can't at least narrow this down
some, both by tackling the filesystem angle, and with me verifying that
the group works for me from here.  Since 0.107 will likely be released in
the mean time, that'll give us a chance to verify that it has the same
issue for you, and (assuming) not for me.

I do see you are on Debian, so if it's a library thing or something with
their compile, I probably won't duplicate it as I'm on Gentoo (~amd64, the
~ denoting unstable).  BTW, I'm 100% reiserfs here, on top of raid-6
for most of my system, now running kernel 2.6.18-rc4 (mainline/vanilla),
and am running pretty stable except for occasional issues with
xorg/EXA/composite, which can crash X and therefore pan, but I've not seen
the sort of issues you are reporting with it.